Saint Matthew HSM

Saint Matthew HSM

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday Night

Hume Lake is always an amazing experience in that it is constantly changing. I have gone to Hume since my entrance into the 6th grade (I am a junior now). That makes 5 completed years of Hume for those who don’t want to do the math. This is the 6th year. Anyways, I came expecting a certain Hume experience and I was completely blindsided. This week has been completely amazing. I have experienced God in a whole new way. I now am starting to feel genuinely special, and personal with God. I hope that I can soon find out what God has in store for me so I can serve Him to the best of my abilities. Today was awesome. We had a missionary speaker named PK who spoke to us this morning about being servants to the end of the Earth. He motivated me to try and find out where and how I can personally serve God. After his talk this morning, we went to Spirit Day recreation, which was wild. We had a series of relays and many people lost their voices from screaming for their teams. Their singing voices are spectacular now. After recreation, we went to lunch and had the most amazing camp food ever. After our amazing lunch, was free time. During free time thirty of us went to high adventure and another thirty played paintball. At the end of the paintball session two of our counselors volunteered to be live targets while the students emptied the rest of their paint hoppers. For the evening chapel Darren spoke about discipleship. He challenged us that as disciples, we are to abandon our own life and plans and adopt the lifestyle and teachings of Jesus. At the end of chapel there were a number of students who re-dedicated their lives be more fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ and a handful of others accepted Christ for the first time. It was an awesome evening.
-Daniel Fitterer

No comments: